A lot of good reading going on this month with a highlight being the work of Al Robles. The real sadness is that this book has been on our collective bookshelf ever since I got to the Bay Area and only with Manong Al’s recent passing did I get around to really exploring his book.
On another note, I read the Wolverine comic right before I saw the movie and lemme tell ya: If Hugh Jackman has given at least a good 20 minutes to Logan’s backstory, it would’ve made for a better movie. As it was, the movie was a good romp around the Marvel mutant universe with Liev Schreiber almost stealing the show as Sabretooth but Ryan Reynold’s Deadpool was all looks and not enough mouth.
• Superman for All Seasons by Jeph Loeb and art by Tim Sale
• Wolverine: Origin by Bill Jemas, Paul Jenkins, Joe Quesada and art by Andy Kubert, Richard Isanove
• This Year You Write Your Novel by Walter Mosley
• Rappin’ With Ten Thousand Carabaos in the Dark by Al Robles
• Looking for Ifugao Mountain: Paghahanap Sa Bundok Ng Ifugao by Al Robles
• Empty Mirror: Early Poems by Allen Ginsberg
• Ripped: How the Wired Generation Revolutionized Music by Greg Kot
• No Sleep ‘Til Brooklyn: New and Selected Poems by Kevin Powell
• Blood Ties & Brown Liquor by Sean Hill
• American Hybrid: A Norton Anthology of New Poetry edited by Cole Swensen and David St. John