Regular blogging takes a back seat to real life again but here is the two-minute drill:
– Out About the Town: I will be speaking at New College’s “Creative Writers Teaching In & Outside of Academia” panel this weekend. Should be good times as I get to recall what can be kindly called less than optimal teaching conditions.
– Stuck in my laptop: Looking over submissions for Tea Party’s next issue. If you are a poet, I hope you submit.
– Out About the Town (2): Driving into SF from Oaktown is nowhere near the hassle as the Bx to Manhattan or Boogie Down to Crooklyn ride. But I do have one question: What do folks out here have against using their turn signal?
– The Open Mic contract. I may go into this a lot more in the near future (or maybe not) but the bottom line is this: As long as you are putting genuine effort into the delivery of a poem, then you have my attention. Otherwise, I may get snooty. (Ring the inside joke bell!)
– Biggest revelation of the last month: I am a huge Talking Heads fan.
– More culinary delights: I make a mean Garbanzo Leek soup. You can try to make your own with this recipe.
– Change of Scenery: For some reason, Blogger Beta does not love me. Which is kind of cool since that means I don’t have to lose an hour of my life to reformatting my page.
– Change of Scenery (2): I will be making updates to the look and feel of oscarbermeo.com. Uhhhh, there goes that hour gained.
– Poetic Challenge: I owe Tony Robles a poem based on the Godfather movies. Note: I refuse to call it a trilogy cuz any real fan doesn’t count III.
– Poetic Challenge (2): I owe a certain third grade class a poem. Since I am all about educatin’ the kids I plan on making it in some kind of form.